Sometimes walking on crocheted fabric is not very comfortable, especially crocheted cotton. However, this can easily be fixed by adding a simple, felt insole…it’s pretty, too!
How to add a felt insole:
- a pair of slippers
- a 12×12 piece of wool felt
- high temp hot glue
- a marker (not pictured).
Cut out insoles
Lay your slippers on top of your piece of felt, mark out your soles…. and cut!
- Cut on the inside of your marks to make sure that your insole will be small enough to fit inside your slipper.
- Once you have them cut, insert them into slipper to check for a good fit.
- Trim insoles as needed.
Turn your slippers inside-out and hot glue your insoles into the bottom of your crocheted slippers.
- Make sure the glue gun is set on high and apply hot glue liberally.
- When the insole is completely glued down, run some extra glue around the edges.
This is a simple finishing touch you can add to give your crocheted slippers a more comfortable and professional look.
Got a finishing touch idea to share? Comment below to tell us all about it!
Sign Up for more Crochet Reads!
All you have to do is fill out your name and email.
We will take care of the rest 🙂